Re: [ga] Re: Successful Evaluations of .test IDN TLDs

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: Successful Evaluations of .test IDN TLDs
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 03:50:04 -0800

JFC and all,

  ROFLMAO!  Good point.  Problem is the old adage bad press
is better than no press at all, now isn't it?  So bad mouthing IDN by
way of some make believe "Study" by some ad hoc group within
ICANN only serves to entrench and perhaps promote IDN rather
than to trash IDN.  Either way however, your right to a degree
JFC, ICANN also gets some press, but may engender disgruntlement
in this instance in regards to IDN, as it is clear IDN is desired.

  IDN, however it is implimented is here to stay, will grow in some
geographical areas of the globe more than in others, but none the
less, is not dissappearing.  I as if some remember folks like
John Levine are adamantly against IDN or at least believe it is
an application level adaptation and as such less than viable.  But
with China's IPv9, IDN and an intragal piece, will flourish as time
passes.

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 277k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827