[ga] question regarding number allocations

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] question regarding number allocations
  • From: Andrew McMeikan <andrewm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 23:11:18 +0900

Hi, just a bit of a de-lurk.  Hello to those who remember me.

Just looking at http://www.potaroo.net/tools/asns/

and I was wondering if anyone can let me know where I can read up on
what actions are underway specifically about AS number exhaustion.  I
could find several doom and gloom things, but a distinct lack of 'this
is how quick the solution will be in place'

Also along similar lines about IPv4.

Just for my opinion on the current stuff about tasting, wouldn't some
sort of declaration at time of tasting mitigate the abuse?

Anyway I'm off to bed, hope the replies cheer me up in the morning!

        cya,    Andrew...