Re: [ga] Why is ICANN's travel agency invoicing for 3.7x what other agents charge?

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Why is ICANN's travel agency invoicing for 3.7x what other agents charge?
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 15:04:23 -0800

Debbie and all,

  I agree with your evaluation by and large.  I do however question
how valuable the time of many of the ICANN Board members and
GNSO committee members is.  As such, this is where the rubber
meets the road as to what is, and what is not reasonable travel
expenses, including lodging.  Tents of course are not reasonable
as to lodging as Jefsey suggested.  But I believe the was exaggerating
intentionally in order to set a bottom base position.  However
it is also difficult to recognize the reasonableness of what ICANN
is dolling out for travel for Board/staff members, GNSO committee
members and certain cherry picked "Other dignitaries", of sometimes
questionable value or use...

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 277k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827