Re: [ga] Why is ICANN's travel agency invoicing for 3.7x what other agents charge?

  • To: "Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Why is ICANN's travel agency invoicing for 3.7x what other agents charge?
  • From: "Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law" <froomkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:32:49 -0500 (EST)

A relevant difference is that wal-mart execs get stock and maybe options and a salary; ICANN board members get none of those things.

I'm not fan of ICANN's big-budget and free-spending ways, but I think business class international travel for Board members and *senior* staff, plus their own hotel room for everyone are not unreasonable expenses.