[ga] Why is ICANN's travel agency invoicing for 3.7x what other agents charge?

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Why is ICANN's travel agency invoicing for 3.7x what other agents charge?
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 11:00:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi folks,

I draw your attention to the post on the GNSO Council list at:

"And it is exactly for the same airline and for the same flights for
which the ICANN agent would charge 3.7 times more than my agent here."

I suggest an independent audit, to ensure that ICANN is seeking out the
most competitive travel providers.

Of course, one shouldn't hold one's breath, given that ICANN is
responsible for wasting billions of dollars of the public's funds by
not tendering the dot-com contract, and for agreeing to 7% annual price
increases and presumptive renewal.

Does the travel agency also have a "presumptive renewal" clause in
their contract? If not, time to see if one can do better.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/