[ga] Fake comments

  • To: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Fake comments
  • From: Karl Auerbach <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 13:20:16 -0800

I just received a request from ICANN to confirm a comment on one of their ongoing "forums".

But I neither wrote nor submitted any such comment.

In other words, there are comments being submitted under actual, but usurped, names.

Obviously, I'm not going to confirm that posting. (It would be nice if the confirmation message included the comment itself, otherwise we might not be able to differentiate between real and fake.)

Everyone of us should take extra care not to confirm a comment to ICANN unless we actually submitted the comment.

                --karl--