RE: [ga] ICANN Board can intervene to stop domain tasting for 1 year

  • To: "Nevett, Jonathon" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Dominik Filipp" <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>, "George Kirikos" <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] ICANN Board can intervene to stop domain tasting for 1 year
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 15:35:32 -0500

Jon,

How can you ensure that the same customer that performs the search is
the one who is able to register it?  Seems like without that assurance,
there is no protection.  For example, yesterday I did a search on a name
from my computer.  You then "reserved" it.  A friend of mine from a
different location (and network) on his computer was able to register
that name.

Please help me understand how that benefited me who did the original
search.  Without that assurance, your mechanism does nothing more than
ensure that someone cannot register that name at another registrar for
the next 4 or 5 days.

Tell me where my assumptions are wrong.  I would be happy to reconsider
my opinion.

Jeffrey J. Neuman, Esq.
Sr. Director, Law, Advanced Services  &

Business Development