Re: [ga] NSI immediately registering domains that are searched ontheir site

  • To: "Nevett, Jonathon" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] NSI immediately registering domains that are searched ontheir site
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 21:39:36 -0800

Jonathan and all,

  Unfortunately there are very few "Reputable Registrars" and those that

are now, may not be later, and such would not be known until after the
fact as ICANN doesn't police it's own registrars as history has clearly
shown over and over again.  Ergo again, such degrades the level
of trust registrants, or potential registrants have in registrars with
good historical reason, a la Registryfly and GoDaddy.

  I agree that the selling of search data by potential registrants is
now
common place, but remains a very questionably allowable practice by
any registrar or registry.  Of course with Registrants not adequately
represented within the GNSO ICANN structure, such abuses are
prevalent and were predicted as well as expected.

  Further I do not see/read anywhere in section 3.1(f) were the practice

to which you describe Jonathan is specifically permitted, arguably it
MAY be ALLOWABLE at best.  In any event such a practice still
does not meet within the current Trade practices act provisions and
as such could be, and perhaps should be challenged accordingly.
Contract law does not supersede federal statute.

  So again, please cease and desist this practice immediately!

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 277k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827