Re: [ga] Re: IPv6 and root servers

  • To: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: IPv6 and root servers
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 22:46:17 -0800

Dr. Joe and all,

  Most likely that data has been deleated or erased totally similar to
the recent CIA tapes regarding waterboarding and other forms
of extreme interogation.  >:)  After all we don't want terrorist
having or in any "unusual" way, garnering Root server information
that may be useful to miscreant or devious actions by those whom
would seek to disrupt ecommerce, now would we.

Joe Baptista wrote:

> Stephane - its good to see you don't get played the fool for too long.
> Yes Stephane your questions are very valid.  Where is the data from a
> real root server supporting these claims.
>
> regards
> joe baptista
>
> Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
>
> >On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 10:17:35AM +0100,
> > Jaap Akkerhuis <jaap@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
> > a message of 13 lines which said:
> >

> >>      [SAC021]: Survey of IPv6 Support Among Commercial Firewalls (5
> >>      October 2007)
> >>

> >Seems to have no relationship with the root name servers.
> >

> >>      [SAC018]: Accommodating IP Version 6 Address Resource Records
> >>      for the Root of the Domain Name System (23 March 2007)
> >>

> >Mostly a theoretical analysis. Some tests of various systems were
> >performed but I see no data from root name servers. That's a pity
> >because one of the questions asked is "How prevalent is EDNS0?" and I
> >see no measurement of the percentage of EDNS0 requests at a real root
> >name server.
> >
> >Since I see many root name servers operators in the list of authors, I
> >conclude they did not measure this or they do not wish to make it
> >public.
> >

> >>      [SAC017]: Testing Recursive Name Servers for IPv6 and EDNS0
> >>      Support (12 February 2007)
> >>

> >Same thing.
> >

> >>      [SAC016]: Testing Firewalls for IPv6 and EDNS0 Support (30 January
> >> 2007)
> >>

> >Again, no data from the real root name servers.
> >

> --
> Joe Baptista                                www.publicroot.org
> PublicRoot Consortium
> The future of the Internet is Open, Transparent, Inclusive,
> Representative & Accountable to the Internet community @large.
>   Office: +1 (202) 517-1593
>      Fax: +1 (509) 479-0084

Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 277k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

liability
CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security IDNS. div.
of
Information Network Eng.  INEG. INC.
jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 214-244-4827