RE: [ga] Proposed Advisory

  • To: Dominik Filipp <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Proposed Advisory
  • From: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 15:38:38 -0700

Dominik,

Respectfully, yes, I really did mean it. We have been careful to be sure
we are not stepping outside of the letter or intent of the Transfer
Policy. Of course, others will not agree with our view.

Although some assume devious motives on our part, we really are just
interested in a secure transfer process. We are no more happy with
having hijacked names transferred to us (happens more often than you
might think) than we are with having names we manage hijacked from our
customers (attempted nearly every daily).

That said, we don't like the way this has become a contentious issue.
That's not our itent. I look forward to the upcoming PDPs on the
Transfer policy. Perhaps we can resolve these concerns, get us all
comfortable with the process, and on the same page as a result.

Tim