RE: [ga] Proposed Advisory

  • To: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Proposed Advisory
  • From: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 21:25:21 -0700

> And frankly, not only is it consistent with
> the wording and intent of the original transfers
> task force, but also of most everyone out
> there, save Network Solutions and GoDaddy.

Of most everyone out there? Now that's what I call FUD. You have nothing
to back up such a sweeping statement. When considering our customer's
perspective, it seems to us that most everyone out there is okay with
it. In fact, they like it.

There are issues at times, but they are easily resolved. And most of the
issues arise due to the aftermarket where some registrants seem to think
they can assign their registration agreement to anyone under any
circumstances they choose without any questions raised on the
registrar's part. We certainly want to facilitate that as best we can,
but we also want to do it securely.

GoDaddy is in complete compliance with the transfer policy as written.
We are in agreement with Network Solution's view of the policy as Jon
has clearly presented it in his comments on the proposed advisory.

Finally, trying to equate this with *the circus with NSI on transfers
the first time* is also just more FUD.

Tim