[ga] Response to George Kirikos

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Response to George Kirikos
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 17:58:28 -0400

On 19 sep 2007, at 15.25, George Kirikos wrote:

Avri has created a situation of a similar nature. Avri refuses to even
acknowledge the existence of a problem. Avri, as Chair of the GNSO
Council which is responsible for this list, do you approve  ...

It is not for me to approve or disapprove. The council, with some of your constituency representatives in support , approved a motion that allows the members of the GA List to self-regulate. I am hoping the list does it and I am hoping that some of the contentful discussions that have begun on this list have a chance to continue and maybe even thrive.

Also, as the by-laws now stand, it is not in the GNSO charter but in the Board's to change the name of this list.

Further to your proposals, when you suggested that the list be made constituency members only, I did take the suggestion to one of the council members from the BC and asked whether he wanted to sponsor it in the council. At the time he declined. Perhaps if you work through your constituency, they can present a motion to the council that will require something along the lines you suggest. As a member of the business constituency you have representation in the council and can perhaps affect the changes you desire through your representatives.

Personally I also would like to thank you for returning my words from 1992 to me. For me, it is interesting to realize how much I have mellowed in the intervening years.

a.