RE: [ga] Questions for Joe Baptista / Eric Dierker, and why the GA list should be ended

  • To: Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>, "'George Kirikos'" <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Avri Doria'" <avri@xxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Questions for Joe Baptista / Eric Dierker, and why the GA list should be ended
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 05:19:23 -0700 (PDT)

The LSE made a lot of good recommendations that should
have been adopted wholesale by the Board; one year
later we are stilling awaiting action on the part of
the Board Governance Committee's Working Group that
has thus far failed to deliver a better alternative
than that already presented by the LSE.

As we are still not privy to the totality of the
Reform Plan for the GNSO, how do you expect us to
properly comment on a solitary facet with no sense of
context?

What powers will accrue to the GNSO Registry list?
Will it have it's own representative structure with
officers, working groups, and the ability to veto
decisions of the Council?  Will Consensus Policy
Decisions require ratification by the GNSO Registry
membership?  Will it be funded and supported by the
ICANN Staff policy department?  Will its officers have
their travel funds paid for by ICANN so that the views
of the body may be properly put forward?  Or will it
be nothing more than a discussion list to accomodate
non-constituency members while only specific
"stakeholders" enjoy the right to vote on policy
matters?

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/