Re: [ga] Alternative Domain Name Distribution Models

  • To: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Alternative Domain Name Distribution Models
  • From: "Elisabeth Porteneuve" <elisabeth.porteneuve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 00:05:44 +0200

Roberto,

The problem is that the high accreditation fees did not solve and will not solve the proliferation of shadow registrars - the big registrars can afford to pay tens of accreditation fees.
But those fees definitely prevent new registrars, and new ideas.
As far as I recall no single big ccTLD has a high accreditation fees, when ccTLDs have fees it's few hundreds of euros or dollars..

Kind regards,
Elisabeth

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>