ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow3tf]

RE: [dow3tf] Public Telephone Conference

  • To: "Brian Darville" <BDARVILLE@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [dow3tf] Public Telephone Conference
  • From: "Cade,Marilyn S - LGCRP" <mcade@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 14:37:42 -0400
  • Cc: <dow3tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-dow3tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear TF 3

As the Counciler who advocated this as a way to get more participation, let me share with  you what we did on the earlier TFs.

I suggest that you advertise the conference call very broadly by asking your constituency members and the At Large to post the availability of the call, as well as putting on the ICANN website. I would also suggest that you consider paying for a transcript  of the call, if one of your members would volunteer. I did that for the  other public sessions/calls for the initial WHOIS and Transfers TF, and it is very helpful to have as a record. Otherwise, you will need to have some of the TF members take good notes and be sure you capture the names of hte speakers in the process, so that you can actually have this as real input.

We then used whatever our report was and took questions and commetns specific to it, but also allowed "open mike" for 15 minutes when any other issue could be addressed. There was an agenda, and a very tighly managed process, where people were asked to "queue" to speak, and to provide their name each time they spoke, as well as their affiliation. The transcription then captured that.

give me a call, Brian, if you want to talk about how the earlier TFs used this method to get more input.

Marilyn S. Cade
AT&T Law & Government Affairs
1120 20th Street, NW, Suite 1000N
Washington, DC 20036