ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow3tf]

Re: [dow3tf] TF3 - Best Practices Recommendations

  • To: Brian Darville <BDARVILLE@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [dow3tf] TF3 - Best Practices Recommendations
  • From: "Ross Wm. Rader" <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 13:32:18 -0400
  • Cc: vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dow3tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, roseman@xxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-dow3tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 4/26/2004 1:27 PM Brian Darville noted that:

I agree that we should try to establish consensus where possible, and otherwise note minority positions.

Here's something that will make for a lovely quote somewhere - "consensus" isn't something that is required in this process. As far as my read of the policy development process goes, we vote. If something has the support of the Task Force, it proceeds. Everything else is a minority report. Once it gets to the Council, it gets voted on again. If it doesn't pass, then it doesn't go to the board. Consensus requires much more negotiation and compromise.

--

-rwr

"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Got Blog? http://www.blogware.com
My Blogware: http://www.byte.org