ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow3tf]

Re: [dow3tf] Task Force 3 — Further Revised List of Companies in Other Industries

  • To: Brian Darville <BDARVILLE@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [dow3tf] Task Force 3 — Further Revised List of Companies in Other Industries
  • From: "Ross Wm. Rader" <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 07:22:40 -0500
  • Cc: dow3tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, roseman@xxxxxxxxx, Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-dow3tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 1/26/2004 5:14 PM Brian Darville noted that:

3) Verisign, GeoTrust and other Registries offering online services (Ross Rader to identify)

I'm not quite sure that this is the task that I agreed to, but nonetheless, Neulevel fits the bill. I still believe that domain registries are online services and should therefore be included in our survey as well. I can contact Geotrust.

4) PingID (www.pingid.com)

I will contact.

5) ISPs/Web Hosting Companies (Ross Rader to Identify companies and associations to whom survey should be submitted)

MSN, Earthlink and AOL were included on this list at one point. I am in the process of putting together a list of relevant assocations and will forward when I'm done.

5) Travel: Expedia, Travelocity

6) News:  CNN, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post.com, London Times Online

7) IETF - Richard Shockey (IETF Chair) (Ross Rader to contact Shockey and solicit a response to the survey)

My suggestion here was to obtain some context regarding the various ENUM drafts from Shockey, not to survey him. I don't believe that the survey is appropriate for such a technical, non-operational forum. I'd like to remove him from the list unless we are seeking guidance as proposed.

Please proceed with distributing the survey to the relevant companies and requesting written responses no later than February 16, 2003.

Are specific assignments being made?

--

-rwr

"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Got Blog? http://www.blogware.com
My Blogware: http://www.byte.org