ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow2tf]

[dow2tf] NCUC Vote

  • To: dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jordyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [dow2tf] NCUC Vote
  • From: KathrynKL@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 12:22:08 EDT
  • Cc: mueller@xxxxxxx, marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Provided the changes of 2.4 are inserted, we provide the following vote:

The Noncommercial Usersâ Constituency approves the preliminary TF2 report and
supports its publication in full to the public for comment.  We note the
following concerns and reservations regarding Section 3.5 and throughout the
report, to be recorded with our vote:

The Noncommercial Usersâ Constituency approves of the concept of a Tiered
Access With Balance, in which the rights of the data subjects (domain name
holders) are clearly balanced with the rights of the data recipients (e.g.,
intellectual property owners).  In doing so, we submit that there must be a clear
distinction of sensitive and non-sensitive data, that domain name holders must
receive immediate notification when data is released (in most cases), and that
the system must avoid any White List (unlimited access to certain parties merely
because they are known users).