ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow2tf]

[dow2tf] Section 1.4 change too far

  • To: Jordyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [dow2tf] Section 1.4 change too far
  • From: KathrynKL@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 23:04:57 -0400
  • Sender: owner-dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think the changes being offered to 1.4 need to be turned back a bit.

First, I support the original language introducing our recommendations ==> "Some changes to the current Whois policy that make up the final recommendations are as follows..."

I can't support the current language about proposed changes across "all of ICANN's registries and registrars" because it does not reflect our discussion and does not reflect our data.  As Team 1 found in its data research, lots of ccTLDs are responding in different and tangible ways to their national privacy laws.  Our discussions have always been about gTLDs, and only a subset of those (e.g., .NAME as different).  So I think we have to strike this phrase.

If we have to change the phrase above, then I would recommend the following text:
   "The Task Force recommends a number of changes to and questions regarding current WHOIS policy that are intended to reflect this balance in a resonable and consistent manner. These recommendations are described in detail.... "

thanks, kathy