ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow2tf]

[dow2tf] RE:additional text for intro to sec. 2.4

  • To: "Jordyn A. Buchanan" <jordyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "2DOW2tf" <dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [dow2tf] RE:additional text for intro to sec. 2.4
  • From: "Steve Metalitz" <metalitz@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 14:23:36 -0400
  • Sender: owner-dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Per my homework assignment from this morning's call, here is a brief
summary of the positions of all constituencies other than NCUC regarding
collection of data elements.   It suggests there is more support for
retaining the existing elements than I thought previously.  However, in
view of the lateness in the process I will refrain from asking to reopen
section 3.4.   This text works out to about 1.4 sentences per
constituency.

Steve Metalitz

The ISP, Intellectual Property and Business constituencies stated that
all data elements should continue to be collected.  The Business
Constituency's statement noted "the continued need for all the data
elements that are collected in Whois  today."  The ISP constituency
proposed that "all [data] elements continue to be collected and
displayed, for those authorized to obtain access."  The IP constituency
opposed elimination of any data element and suggested five others whose
inclusion "would improve the usefulness of Whois data."  The Registry
constituency, however, did "not see a need for additional fields beyond
those presently available."   The registrar constituency did not comment
specifically on collection of data, but did propose three lists of data
elements that should be displayed to different types of requesters,
including at least one elements not now required to be collected or
displayed under the RAA (e-mail address of registrant).  See
http://www.gnso.icann.org/mailing-lists/archives/dow2tf/msg00202.html
(including attachment) and
http://www.gnso.icann.org/mailing-lists/archives/dow2tf/msg00217.html
for constituency statements.