ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow2tf]

Re: [dow2tf] Whois tf 2: Draft section 2.4

  • To: metalitz@xxxxxxxx, gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [dow2tf] Whois tf 2: Draft section 2.4
  • From: KathrynKL@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 15:54:01 EDT
  • Sender: owner-dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Steve: thanks for the revisions.  As for the introduction paragraphs, at the
risk of a collective TF2 groan, I think we should definitely include the
substance of the arguments raised regarding collection of this data.  You mentioned
that we could include two one-sided views.  It is my hope that we can reach
one fairly neutral overview of the comments, as we have done in the other
sections.

As for Buttarelli's discussion in Rome, it was, alas, a problem.  He was
invited long before the meeting, and did not respond until we were actually in
Rome.  Even then details were not confirmed until late the day before (at which
time signs were made and posted; people were buttonholded).  But the meeting
did take place in the Press Room, with representatives of a number of
constituencies present, and it was reported in the National Journal among other
publications.  So it can't be off the record, because it wasn't.  But I agree that
quoting the Article 29 Working Group paper and other written sources is a good
way to approach his views.

Regarding your four introductory paragraphs --- we have two options, it seems