ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow2tf]

RE: [dow2tf] Proxy Services

  • To: "'Thomas Roessler'" <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [dow2tf] Proxy Services
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 07:18:59 -0500
  • Sender: owner-dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> A registrar representative stated that
> his constituency was more comfortable
> with a tiered access model than with
> proxy services.

As an RC alternate for this Task Force I take issue with this statement.
There is absolutely no evidence that the majority of the RC supports this
statement, and we should be careful not characterize it that way.

The RC has NOT voted on any position statement and only a handful has
actually weighed in on any of these issues.

I request that either the above statement be revised, or that our Rep revise
his statement to be more accurate, such as:

"A registrar representative stated that his constituency may be more
comfortable with a tiered access model than with proxy services, but that no
consensus has yet been reached."

Regards,
Tim