ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow2tf]

RE: [dow2tf] National law and data protection commissioners

  • To: <KathrynKL@xxxxxxx>, <dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [dow2tf] National law and data protection commissioners
  • From: "Steve Metalitz" <metalitz@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 16:36:46 -0400
  • Sender: owner-dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am not sure the scenario outlined by Kathy has ever occurred, much less that it occurred in the case of .name.  I suggest that the best way to deal the possibility that it might occur is to amend the proposal which I circulated to provide for an exception when the registrar has been ordered by relevant law enforcement officials not to disclose the issue to ICANN nor to seek ICANN's cooperation in finding a solution.