ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow2tf]

[dow2tf] Topics to discuss

  • To: 2DOW2tf <dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [dow2tf] Topics to discuss
  • From: "Jordyn A. Buchanan" <jordyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 09:36:13 -0400
  • Sender: owner-dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As we discussed on our last call, here are some core topics that were raised in a number of constituency statements (or in our conversation on Monday), and may be useful for us to discuss. In some cases, I've identified some questions that may be helpful for us to answer.

1) What is the purpose of Whois?

2) What are the ideal methods for disclosing use of data and obtaining consent?

3) Can proxy services be improved to provide better privacy protection?

4) Tiered Access
  - What are reactions to Registrars' proposal?
  - What are the concerns relating to tiered access?

5) Preventing Marketing Uses--Are there implications for what data is collected/displayed?

6) Which data fields should be collected?

7) Is there a useful distinction between commercial and noncommercial registrants?

8) Is there a good mechanism to allow registrants with legitimate privacy concerns to opt-out on a case-by-case basis?

9) What are the requirements of local/national privacy policies or legislation?

Jordyn