ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow2tf]

[dow2tf] Questions to registrars/constituencies

  • To: 2DOW2tf <dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [dow2tf] Questions to registrars/constituencies
  • From: "Jordyn A. Buchanan" <jbuchanan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 12:09:53 -0500
  • Sender: owner-dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello all:

In preparation for tomorrow's teleconference, I am sending out the following questions that we discussed on our last call. Feel free to suggest revisions. The goal on the call tomorrow is to finalize these questions, as well as others we may be sending out (such as to the GAC).

Questions for registrars
-------------------------------
[I agree with Steve's proposed questions #1 and #2]

3) If you offer registrations through channels other than your website,
how do the mechanisms used to inform registrants of the use of their
contact data, and to gain consent for that usage, differ from those used
on the website?

4) What requirements, if any, do you make of your resellers in terms of
informing registrants of the use of their contact data, and gaining
consent for that usage?

5) Do you provide registrants with any mechanisms to allow anonymous domain registrations, or to limit the amount of contact data made publicly available through Whois?

6) Describe any accommodations that you have made to comply with local laws pertaining to the collection or display of contact information. Please cite the specific laws.

[I think Thomas was going to add a question as well.]

Questions for other constituencies ---------------------------------------------- 1) For each existing data field within the Whois, please provide feedback to the task force regarding the following: a) Use. How do members of your constituency make use of the data? b) Necessity. Is it necessary that this information be made available to members of your constituency? If so, why? c) Concerns. Describe any concenrs your constituency may have with making this information available.

2) If there are fields not presently available within Whois that would
be of use to members of your constituency, please suggest what those
fields may be.  For each suggestion, provide feedback regarding the
following:
  a) Use.  How would members of your constituency make use of the data?
  b) Necessity.  Is it necessary that this information be made available
to members of your constituency?  If so, why?

3) Please comment on any mechanisms that you are aware of to allow