ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow2tf]

[dow2tf] Fact finding

  • To: dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [dow2tf] Fact finding
  • From: Thomas Keller <tom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 16:45:00 +0100
  • Sender: owner-dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

as we already worked out on our last conference call there are two ways
on moving forward. One is to approach one milestone after another and
the second is to separat the fact finding for all milestones from the
consensus building process. As I concluded out of the last call the second
approach is widely prefered. This leaves us ,right now,  with the work of
defining how and especially from whom the fact finding should be done.
Therefore I would like to suggest one possible way to structure the workload
for tonights (mornings..) discussion.

Milestone 1

a.)     Extract and comment RAA provisions relevant to registrant
        notification and consent regarding data collection and processing.

        To be done by: 	ICANN-Staff

b.)     Contact the top 10 registrars (and their resellers) to document
	implementation of these provisions.

        To be done by:	ICANN-Staff, Top 10 Registrars

Milestone 2

a.)     Documentation of all relevant data elements.

        To be done by:	ICANN-Staff

b.)     Consideration of the current data elements under the following aspects:
                Use
                Necessity
                New additional data fields

        To be done by:	All constituencies

Milestone 3

        No fact finding

Milestone 4

a.)     Documentation and commentary of existing methods of "proxy"
	registrations.

        To be done by: 	ICANN-Staff, Registrar Constituency

b.)     Extract and comment RAA provisions relevant to whois access.

        To be done by: 	ICANN-Staff

c.)     Documentation of local privacy laws with the help of the GAC and
	the CCNSO.

        To be done by:	ICANN-Staff, GAC, CCNSO

Best,

tom

--

Thomas Keller

Domain Services
Schlund + Partner AG
Brauerstrasse 48         		Tel. +49-721-91374-534
76135 Karlsruhe, Germany               	Fax  +49-721-91374-215
http://www.schlund.de                  	tom@xxxxxxxxxx