ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow1tf]

RE: [dow1tf] Final Preliminary Draft? (PLEASE READ ASAP)

  • To: "'Jeremy Banks'" <Jeremy.Banks@xxxxxxxx>, "dow1tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dow1tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [dow1tf] Final Preliminary Draft? (PLEASE READ ASAP)
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 13:39:43 -0400
  • Sender: owner-dow1tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Would everyone please review the comments presented by Jeremy.  If indeed
other constituencies agree with Jeremy on his comments with respect to
these, then I will need to note that and will move to the body of the
report.

With respect to voting, I have argued the position, that voting is not
crucial at the Preliminary Report stage and that the ICANN bylaws are silent
on that point.  The Bylaws require voting for the Final Report, but it is
ambiguous as to whether there needs to be voting for this report.  I have
sent this question on to the other Task Forces and to ICANN Counsel.  I have
not heard a response.

The important thing, I believe, and I could be wrong, is to have all views
represented in this Preliminary Report.

I will let you know when I hear something.

Please stay tuned.