ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow1tf]

Re: [dow1tf] Registrant Notification Alternative

  • To: <dfares@xxxxxxxxx>, <dow1tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [dow1tf] Registrant Notification Alternative
  • From: "Antonio Harris" <harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 12:29:29 -0300
  • Sender: owner-dow1tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I support this idea

Tony Harris
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David Fares
  To: dow1tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, May 24, 2004 8:05 PM
  Subject: [dow1tf] Registrant Notification Alternative

  Dear Colleagues,

  I have received input that the exception for  notification to the registrant when seeking sensitive information may not be broad enough for legitimate users.  An alternative could be to require the preservation of some form of audit trail so that in the rare case in which Whois access were abused, it could be established who had made the  request.  There would be no disclosure to the registrant except in that rare circumstance.

  I understand that this is the solution that was ultimately
  negotiated with .name in 2002.

  I look forward to speaking with all of you tomorrow.

  Best regards,
  David

  David A. Fares
  Director, Electronic Commerce