ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow1tf]

Re: [dow1tf] Amendments to Preliminary Report #1

  • To: <dow1tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Milton Mueller" <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [dow1tf] Amendments to Preliminary Report #1
  • From: "David Fares" <dfares@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 16:13:57 -0500
  • Sender: owner-dow1tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks to Milton for starting an email dialogue.

I am concerned that Milton's proposal prejudges our own going
debate as to the definition of a legitimate user, which I would argue
goes beyond users accessing whois for technical reasons.

More generally, I disagree that international documents related to the
"free flow of information" do not address personal contact data.  The
OECD Guidelines specifically reference balancing privacy protection
and the free flow of information.  I will try to provide some revised text.
I also think that it would be helpful to cite the OECD Guidelines.

Thanks,
David