ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

dow1-2tf

[dow1-2tf] GNSO Drafts for Constituency Comments

  • To: "'bruce.tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <bruce.tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [dow1-2tf] GNSO Drafts for Constituency Comments
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:12:49 -0500
  • Cc: "'gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxx'" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxx>, "'dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bruce,

In preparation for the Council meetings, we would like to distribute two
policy drafts to the Council and to post these on the GNSO Website:  1)
Recommendations relating to improving notification and consent for the use
of contact data in the Whois system; and 2)  a Procedure for conflicts, when
there are conflicts between a registrar's of registry's legal obligations
under local privacy laws and their contractual obligations to ICANN.

We believe that the next step in the PDP process is to solicit constituency
statements on the drafts and then the Task Force would draft a preliminary
report on these two subjects.  Then, we believe the bylaws require a 30 day
public comment period, the drafting of a final report, and a formal
recommendation by the GNSO to adopt these policies.

Although I will not be in Capetown, Jordyn will be.  Please let us know if
you have any questions.

Thanks.

 <<WHOIS NOTIFICATION.doc>>  <<Whois TF Conflict (clean).doc>>

Jeffrey J. Neuman, Esq.
Director, Law & Policy
NeuStar, Inc.
Loudoun Tech Center
46000 Center Oak Plaza
Building X
Sterling, VA 20166
p: (571) 434-5772
f: (571) 434-5735
e-mail: Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx

use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you have
received this e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and
delete the original message.