ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

dow1-2tf

[dow1-2tf] Vote for 2 Drafts to send to GNSO Council

  • To: dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [dow1-2tf] Vote for 2 Drafts to send to GNSO Council
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 20:34:09 -0500
  • Cc: "'bruce.tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <bruce.tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ok,  I have reworded the contentious section in the last few e-mails with
Milton's suggested language of "in order to preserve the operational
stability, reliability, security, or global interoperability of the
Internet's unique identifier systems."

With that said, unless I get a strong objection by Monday at 11:59:59 am
Eastern US time, I will forward the 2 drafts to the GNSO Council.   The
reason I am doing it this way is that in following the e-mail chain, I
believe with the wording change above, it has support from the Registrars,
Registries, Noncommercial, IPC and Business Users constituency.  In
addition, I believe the ISPs (Tony and Maggie) expressed approval on the
last call.

Here are the 2 drafts.  There have been no changes to the Whois
notification.

 <<Whois TF Conflict (clean).doc>>  <<WHOIS NOTIFICATION.doc>>
As stated in the prior e-mails, we will ask the Council to formally solicit
constituency statements on these reports (20 day period), and then include
those statements in a Preliminary Report which will then go out for public
comment.

Thanks.

Jeffrey J. Neuman, Esq.
Director, Law & Policy
NeuStar, Inc.
Loudoun Tech Center
46000 Center Oak Plaza
Building X
Sterling, VA 20166
p: (571) 434-5772
f: (571) 434-5735
e-mail: Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx

use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you have
received this e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and
delete the original message.