ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

dow1-2tf

RE: [dow1-2tf] Last Call on Final Draft of Issues 1 and 2

  • To: <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [dow1-2tf] Last Call on Final Draft of Issues 1 and 2
  • From: "Milton Mueller" <Mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:49:05 -0500
  • Cc: <dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's not quite true, Jeff. The federal courts are part of the federal
government, which pays their bills, appoints or elects judges, etc. Same
goes for the state and local agencies. The point Marc is raising is that
when registrars are subject to litigation does this exception procedure
kick in. The answer is, obviously, yes.

>>> "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx> 11/23/2004 9:25:14 PM >>>
No, even in the US, we do not consider the "courts" as a "government
agency." :)

Is there a place in the document that you are looking at?

Jeff