ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

dow1-2tf

AW: [dow1-2tf] Expanded "step by step" procedure re conflicts with local law

  • To: "'Steven J. Metalitz IIPA'" <metalitz@xxxxxxxx>, "'Marc Schneiders'" <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Jordyn A. Buchanan'" <jordyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: AW: [dow1-2tf] Expanded "step by step" procedure re conflicts with local law
  • From: "Thomas Keller" <tom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:44:43 +0200
  • Cc: "'Jeff Neuman'" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, <dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-dow1-2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello all,

I´m not absolutely clear about Steves statement. As I see it the main
problem for a
Registrar/Registry might stem from a situation where a local authority
issues
an order to close down the whois service or at least parts of it without
allowing for
any prior consultation. The problem is NOT that the local authority will not
allow
to communicate it to ICANN to begin consultation. To better reflect this
situation
I amended Steves wording a bit.

Best,

tom