ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

dow1-2tf

Re: [dow1-2tf] Moving forward on "conspicuous notice"?

Am 28.09.2004 schrieb Steven J. Metalitz IIPA:

> I also think the third recommendation should include the word "consent"
> since, after all, that is what the Registrar Accreditation Agreement
> requires that registrars obtain from registrants.
> Steve

I would like to disagree on that point. As we already talked about on
our last call regarding this subject a requirement for consent to the
whois policy will bring up a whole bunch of questions we might not
be able to solve easily. My preference would be that the potential
registrant should state that he has noticed/read the whois policy rather
than being forced to state that he gives his consent to the policy.

Best,

tom

--

Thomas Keller

Domain Services
Schlund + Partner AG
Brauerstrasse 48                        Tel. +49-721-91374-534
76135 Karlsruhe, Germany                Fax  +49-721-91374-215
http://www.schlund.de                   tom@xxxxxxxxxx