[council] LAST CALL for Councilors' input on draft response to proposed RDS Charter revisions
- To: Heather Forrest <Heather.Forrest@xxxxxxxxxx>, "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] LAST CALL for Councilors' input on draft response to proposed RDS Charter revisions
- From: Mary Wong <mary.wong@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 18:16:18 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Cc: "Paul McGrady (Policy)" <policy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Importance: high
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AQHSW7ZTg3i5nsDnkk22vr66RbG5jw==
- Thread-topic: LAST CALL for Councilors' input on draft response to proposed RDS Charter revisions
- User-agent: Microsoft-MacOutlook/f.1d.0.161209
As agreed on the last Council call of 13 December, please provide your (and
your respective SG/C’s) input, if any, to the draft response prepared by Susan
and Keith on the proposed scope of the RDS Review by today, Wednesday 21
December. Please also provide your feedback on the proposed modifications and
questions raised by the IPC (below).
The agreed date for finalizing the Council response is tomorrow, Thursday 22
December. Staff will prepare to send the finalized Council response to our
colleagues who are supporting the Review Team on Friday 23 December.
Thank you for your urgent attention to this matter.
From: <owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Heather Forrest
Date: Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 07:19
To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Paul McGrady (Policy)" <policy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [council] IPC input on draft response to proposed RDS Charter revisions
Following up on our action items from the Council meeting last week, the IPC is
grateful to Susan and Keith for their work on developing the strawman response
from Council in relation to the proposed narrowing of the scope of the charter
of the forthcoming RDS Review.
Please find attached the strawman with a few proposed modifications by the IPC,
plus these clarifying questions:
* The bylaws language in red - is there a reason for the red text?
* Items 1 and 2 refer to "current RDS efforts" - should we specify exactly
what this means? (ie, does this refer to the Registration Directory Services as
is/currently running, improvement efforts underway but not yet fully
operational (e.g., PPSAI), or does it refer to the efforts of the RDS PDP WG?
Or all of the above?)
* 4.6(e)(i) refers to efforts ICANN should make with the SO/ACs "to improve
accuracy and access to generic top-level domain registration data." This goal
is not reflected in the Charter items. Isn't it appropriate that the RT review
the "efforts" underway to see if this goal is being met?