Re: [council] Reports from the GNSO Bylaws Implementation Drafting Team

  • To: "James M. Bladel" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Reports from the GNSO Bylaws Implementation Drafting Team
  • From: Johan Helsingius <icann-gnso@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 10:14:13 +0200
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Councilors – This will be Agenda Item #5 on tomorrow’s call, so
> please try to review before then.

Considering a rather significant part of the report actually
presents the minority opinion (in addition to the separate
minority report document), it might be appropriate to have
somebody representing the majority opinion of the DT represent
the DT and answer questions during our call instead of Steve.

To be very clear, I have full confidence in (and admiration
of) the professionalism and integrity of Steve, and I am
sure he can present a balanced, unbiased view, but I am
concerned about optics and the spirit of good governance.

        Julf