[council] Next Steps: IAG Report, and WHOIS Conflicts with local law

  • To: GNSO Council List <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Next Steps: IAG Report, and WHOIS Conflicts with local law
  • From: "James M. Bladel" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2016 16:19:06 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

Councilors –

Having now considered --and withdrawn-- two separate motions on this topic, it
is clear that we need to regroup, reassess, and consider our path(s) forward.

Per the discussion on our 30 SEP call, I would like to convene a group of
interested Councilors to kick off discussions and present options. For context,
please see the attached Overview document prepared by Staff.  This summary is
intended to provide backgrounds, and kick start ideas for resolution, but by no
means is it meant to serve as an exhaustive list.

I’m hopeful this group can work together to reconcile the diverse opinions on
this issue, and come back to Council one or more motions that have sufficient
support to pass.

Thank you,

J.