[council] REMINDER: GNSO Liaison to the GAC - Revised timeline
- To: "GNSO Council List (council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] REMINDER: GNSO Liaison to the GAC - Revised timeline
- From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 21:44:40 +0000
- Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AdIXdgGAoJUFLtnPTx+AeYEdp1tBJA==
- Thread-topic: REMINDER: GNSO Liaison to the GAC - Revised timeline
We would like to remind you of the revised timeline as adopted in Helsinki for
the GNSO Liaison to the GAC and that we will be sending a call for candidates
early in September 2016. We would like to draw your attention to the slight
adjustment in the timeline which has come about as a result of the change in
the date of the Council meeting at ICANN57 (see:
1. The leadership of each Stakeholder Group / Constituency may submit the
application of its candidate(s), which should include at a minimum a link to a
completed and current statement of interest as well as a brief note explaining
why the candidate has applied for this role and how the candidate meets the
specific requirements by 1 October 2016 at the latest to the GNSO Secretariat
Candidates will be requested to complete an application template.
2. The GNSO Council Chairs will review the applications received and rank
these taking into account the skills and experience required as outlined in
this call for volunteers by 20 October 2016.
3. Based on the outcome of the ranking process, the GNSO Council Chairs
will contact the nr 1 candidate to confirm the selection by 20 October 2016.
4. GNSO Council Chairs will submit motion for confirmation of GNSO
Liaison to the GAC to the GNSO Council by 28 October 2016 at the latest.
5. Consideration of motion and approval of candidate by GNSO Council
during GNSO Council meeting on 7 November 2016.
6. Confirmation of candidate to GAC leadership (by 9 November 2016).
7. GNSO Liaison to the GAC officially takes up its role (by 10 November
Please note that the name of applicants will be made public unless an applicant
specifically states in his/her application that his/her name should be kept
Glen de Saint Géry
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names & Numbers - ICANN