[council] Fwd: [Soac-infoalert] Joint Note to Community Leaders about Recent Public Comment Improvements

  • To: GNSO Council List <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Fwd: [Soac-infoalert] Joint Note to Community Leaders about Recent Public Comment Improvements
  • From: "James M. Bladel" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 21:29:27 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

Councilors-

Please see below for an announcement regarding Public Comments.

Sent via iPhone. Blame Siri.

Begin forwarded message:

From: David Olive <david.olive@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:david.olive@xxxxxxxxx>>
Date: September 13, 2016 at 12:47:36
Subject: [Soac-infoalert] Joint Note to Community Leaders about Recent Public
Comment Improvements

Dear Community Leaders:
At ICANN55 in Marrakech, we received feedback during a public forum session
about the public comment process at ICANN. Specifically, the speakers expressed
concerns about the multitude of public comment requests and other ICANN calls
to action. Requesting opinions from the community is an essential part of the
multistakeholder process, and we recognize the importance of ensuring that this
is an easy-to-use and streamlined process.

As a result, our teams discussed this issue and subsequently created a single
page that lists all opportunities for the community to provide feedback on open
calls-to-action including activities that fall outside of typical public
comment proceedings. This page is now live. It is also accessible from the main
banner at the top of the public comment page. We encourage you to share this
added functionality with your communities.
The Global Domains Division will maintain this new page, and the Policy
Development Support Team will continue to manage the public comment process
including the opening and closing of proceedings, posting of summary reports,
and updating the 'upcoming public comment proceedings' page. Public comment is
an integral part of the policy development process and an important component
in organizational and governance matters at ICANN as well as implementation and
operational aspects of our work.
We hope that consolidating all calls for community input proves useful. We are
also exploring ways to further improve the user experience for everyone
participating in the public comment process and will keep you informed of our
progress. If you have questions or comments, please contact
public-comment@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:public-comment@xxxxxxxxx>. We look forward to
your feedback.
Best regards,
Akram Atallah and David Olive

David A. Olive
Senior Vice President | Policy Development Support
General Manager | ICANN Regional Headquarters | Istanbul
david.olive@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:david.olive@xxxxxxxxx>

ICANN | Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers  | Hakki Yeten
Caddesi | Selenium Plaza |  No:10/C K:10 | 34349 | Fulya | Besiktas | Istanbul