Re: [council] [Soac-infoalert] ICANN57 Hyderabad: What You Need to Know (Part 2) - ICANN

Hi,

Not exactly. Both reservations are usually from the same hotel. Sometimes, the
earlier one for visa purposes is just a letter from the hotel with a long list
of ICANN-funded travelers, letting the embassy know these folks (including the
applicant) are staying there.

Thanks.

Amr

Sent from mobile

> On Aug 24, 2016, at 11:53 AM, Volker Greimann <vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> So they are asking us to lie in our visa application about where we will be
> staying? That is going to go down well if caught...
> Best,
> Volker
>
>> Am 24.08.2016 um 11:16 schrieb Amr Elsadr:
>> Hi Heather,
>>
>> In my experience, Constituency Travel provides hotel reservations solely for
>> the purpose of visa acquisition at a time early enough to apply for one.
>>
>> At a later time, they provide the actual confirmed reservation details for
>> the hotel in which we should be staying.
>>
>> It works. At least I've never had a problem because of this. You may want to
>> confirm this with CT yourself.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Amr
>>
>> Sent from mobile
>>
>> On Aug 24, 2016, at 5:40 AM, Heather Forrest <Heather.Forrest@xxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Colleagues,
>>>

>>> Following up on Phil's point below about timely notification of hotel, I
>>> noted with some alarm the following in the standard email we all received
>>> from ICANN travel this week (see highlighted bit below). What can we do
>>> about this? The Council table will be pretty empty if this is indeed what
>>> will happen.
>>>

>>> Best wishes,
>>>

>>> Heather
>>>

>>> TRAVEL BOOKING:
>>>
>>> AIR:
>>>
>>> Primary contact for booking air travel reservations:
>>>
>>> FCM: galaxy@xxxxxx.travel
>>> ICANN: constituency-travel@xxxxxxxxx or via private fax at +1-310-578-8652.
>>>
>>> Air Self-booking: You must receive approval from ICANN prior to making your
>>> self-arranged trip. Please notify ICANN in writing and prior to booking at
>>> constituency-travel@xxxxxxxxx.
>>>
>>> HOTEL:
>>>
>>> Hotel confirmations (if supported) will be provided one week before the
>>> meeting.
>>>
>>> Hotel extensions: If you plan on extending your travel, before or after
>>> your approved dates of arrival and departure and want to stay at the same
>>> ICANN hotel, please let us know by Friday, October 7, 2016, 17:00 UTC. We
>>> will do our best to accommodate your request based on the hotel’s
>>> availability.
>>>
>>> Kindly note that you will be financially responsible for any additional
>>> days of travel before or after your approved dates, including hotel and
>>> living allowances.
>>>
>>> MISC. OTHER:
>>>
>>> If you have any change in your banking details, please re-submit a
>>> completed Travel Vendor Form via: https://travelrequestform.icann.org/
>>>
>>> If there are any last minute changes, if you cannot travel due to illness,
>>> personal or professional events, you MUST contact ICANN Constituency Travel
>>> at constituency-travel@xxxxxxxxx

>>> 202-559-8750/Fax