Re: [council] Call for Volunteers for GNSO Drafting Team

Hi,

We just ended our monthly call, and I had a question on the AOB agenda item
number 9.2 concerning “Update on status of progress on the Drafting Team that
is to identify new and additional rights and responsibilities for the GNSO
under the revised ICANN Bylaws”:

In the below email, there are some qualifications described for potential
volunteers to this group. I was wondering who is meant to determine whether
these qualifications are met in volunteers. Is the GNSO Council meant to do
this, or are the SGs/Cs supposed to do this prior to submitting names? I didn’t
think the second scenario was the case, as the application process seems to be
simply notifying a councillor of the desire to join the group, who would be
expected, in turn, to communicated this to the GNSO secretariat.

As James mentioned on the call, the deadline for applications to join this
group is tomorrow.

Thanks.

Amr