[council] FYI and review - Board/GAC call to discuss the GAC Helsinki Communique

  • To: "GNSO Council List (council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] FYI and review - Board/GAC call to discuss the GAC Helsinki Communique
  • From: Mary Wong <mary.wong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 15:41:17 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Councilors,

Yesterday, the ICANN Board and the GAC held a joint call to discuss the GAC’s
Helsinki Communique. This is a new initiative and, as far as we can tell, the
first time such a meeting has been held with the aim to allow at least some
brief follow-up discussion and the opportunity to clarify various points of GAC
advice. The call was recorded and the recording has been made available at
https://gacweb.icann.org/display/gacweb/Governmental+Advisory+Committee?preview=/27132037/43712814/20160720_GAC_Board_Call_EN.mp3.

In view of the fact that the GNSO’s review of the GAC Communique is an item on
the Council’s agenda today, we thought this information might be helpful even
if the call and recording unfortunately took place so close to the Council’s
meeting time.

Thanks and cheers
Mary

Mary Wong