[council] Amended Motion: GNSO CSC Liaison Candidates

  • To: "GNSO council" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Amended Motion: GNSO CSC Liaison Candidates
  • From: "WUKnoben" <wolf-ulrich.knoben@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 09:48:41 +0200
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Councilors,

Please see the attached amended motion for the GNSO CSC Liaison Selection for
consideration at the Council meeting on 21 July.  As noted in the motion, this
process began on 1 June 2016, when ICANN sent a request to the ICANN Supporting
Organizations (SOs), Advisory Committees (ACs) and Registry Stakeholder Group
(RySG) to initiate their respective organization's processes and appoint
candidates to serve as members and liaisons on the CSC. As an ICANN Supporting
Organization, the GNSO may appoint a liaison to the CSC, in addition to the two
gTLD registry operator members to be selected by the RySG. Liaison candidates
are to be confirmed by 22 July 2016, and the final slate of CSC members and
liaisons as determined by the ccNSO and GNSO Councils will be sent to ICANN not
later than 10 August 2016.

On 02 June 2016, the GNSO Council confirmed a Selection Committee -- David
Cake, Heather Forrest, Rubens Kuhl, Susan Kawaguchi, and Wolf-Ulrich Knoben --
to evaluate the candidates GNSO liaison.  On 20 June 2016, the Selection
Committee sent reminders to the GNSO Stakeholder Groups and Constituencies
requesting Expressions of Interest from candidates to be submitted by 15 July
2016.  Another reminder went out on 11 July.

The Selection Committee has completed its evaluation of the single Expression
of Interest that it received for the GNSO liaison candidate. We hereby submit
the summary of our evaluation of the candidate: James Gannon.  Based on our
evaluation we recommend James for the role of GNSO Liaison to the CSC.  We have
amended the motion accordingly.

Kind regards,

Wolf-Ulrich