[council] Draft Schedule "Meeting C" (Hyderabad)

  • To: GNSO Council List <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Draft Schedule "Meeting C" (Hyderabad)
  • From: "James M. Bladel" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 21:04:32 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

Council Colleagues -

As a follow up from Helsinki and for discussion during our next call, please
find attached a draft high-level schedule for the GNSO Council during ICANN57
in Hyderabad.

Some notes and follow up points from our last meeting:

  *   We are striving to stick within the 7-day schedule, with no need for a
"Day 0" or "Day 8".
  *   Day 1 (Thursday) will consist of PDP Face-to-Face meetings.  This will
either be a single PDP meeting for the entire day, or two PDPs meeting for
half-days, to be determined once we have a clearer idea of the interest level
for each group.  Staff will work with PDP leadership to survey their membership.
     *   Also on Day 1 will be the (optional) Informal Council Dinner,
presuming there is sufficient interest from this group.
  *   Day 2 (Wednesday) will be allocated for PDP updates, along with
interactions with other SOs, ACs, and the CEO, Board & Staff.
  *   GNSO Stakeholders and Constituencies will meet on Day 4 (Sunday).  This
corresponds with Tuesday's "Constituency Day" in the old meeting format.
  *   Additional time is allocated for GNSO, PDP and CCWGs to meet on the
morning of Day 5 (Monday).
  *   The open GNSO Council Meeting is also slotted for the afternoon of Day 5,
with the wrap up session to follow.
  *   Day 6 (Tuesday) will include (optional) dinner for all (incoming,
outgoing, continuing) Councilors, presuming we have sufficient interest.
  *   Day 7 (Wednesday) morning is set for our annual Council Development
Session.  Incoming and Continuing Councilors are encouraged to attend, while
Outgoing Councilors are also welcome.

I look forward to discussing next Thursday.

Thank you,

J.