Re: [council] GAC Liaison - Update

One last comment - last time, we got a good number of candidates, and
several were exceptionally qualified. Mason was selected narrowly over at
least two others I recall who were also very solidly qualified.
This time we got a single candidate who fitted the main stated
qualifications poorly, whatever their other qualifications.
That, if nothing else, is such a disparity it would qualify extending the
period for nomination, in my opinion. This position has a specific role to
serve the GNSO - if we can't find someone who is well suited, we don't need
to fill the position.
That said, if council feels like revisiting the procedure, no reason we
shouldn't - though I'm happy to leave it up to leadership?

David