From: Volker Greimann
<vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 11:48
To: Paul McGrady <policy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:policy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>, 'Amr
Elsadr' <aelsadr@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:aelsadr@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
Cc: James Bladel <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>>, 'Susan
Kawaguchi' <susank@xxxxxx<mailto:susank@xxxxxx>>, GNSO Council List
<council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: Re: [council] GAC Liaison - Update

Frankly,  I am disappointed in this attempt to both shoehorn a particular
candidate into position ("Let’s do the right thing and move forward with
confirming Colin for this position") and at the same time cast James in a
partisan light ("why the folks you represent on Council may be unhappy"), when
it was the entire leadership team that made this decision.

Let's leave such antics to the Trump team.

If Colin is indeed qualified for the position, maybe he should have made a
better case in his application instead of providing a minimalistic EOI and he
can always re-submit his application during the extention and make a better
case. While the process could have been more transparent, I have full
confidence that this couse of action will allow for a better result, which may
be Colin after all.

Just because there is only one candidate for a given position does not mean
that he has to be chosen. I believe such a course of action was also adopted by
the CSG when it came to the election process for the GNSO council leadership a
few months back. If the candidate does not appear qualified, extending the
search for candidates is a good result, especially when the previous holder of
the position is willing to stay on until his replacement is found.

I had hoped we as a council would be able to move beyond partisan politics and
focus on doing our job as best we can to the benefit of the entire community.

Best,

Volker