[council] Fwd: ICANN56 - Schedule DRAFTv3.3

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Fwd: ICANN56 - Schedule DRAFTv3.3
  • From: "Austin, Donna" <Donna.Austin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 13:47:44 +0000
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: "Tanzanica S. King"
Date: May 16, 2016 at 12:20:58 AM GMT+1
To: "Austin, Donna"
Cc: Nick Tomasso <nick.tomasso@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:nick.tomasso@xxxxxxxxx>>,
<joke.braeken@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:joke.braeken@xxxxxxxxx>>,
"gac-leadership@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:gac-leadership@xxxxxxxxx>"
<gac-leadership@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:gac-leadership@xxxxxxxxx>>, Maya Saito
<maya.saito@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:maya.saito@xxxxxxxxx>>, Steve Sheng
<steve.sheng@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:steve.sheng@xxxxxxxxx>>, Julie Hedlund
<julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: ICANN56 - Schedule DRAFTv3.3

Hi All,

The latest schedule is attached and updated on the community wiki
page<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_display_ccmeetschedplan_Meeting-26-2343-3BSchedule-26-2343-3BPlanning&d=DQMF-g&c=MOptNlVtIETeDALC_lULrw&r=4A3LwUUER9_CePZ11QJsr56eryGQiPHEqv4TL7JH87w&m=VUmEEbZfnH9l5kLuw5-CsfKECd8JFUDKQGLqKRFYoRE&s=EtPJTSk5fOJLmO0JjJI0MSOkgB7Uy-4R4o_XsdraN18&e=>.

Block Schedule

In an effort to increase the time you have available to meet, I made a few
changes to the block schedule format (some of which you may have already
noticed in the last version that went out) :

- The afternoon coffee break has been reduced to 15 min
- Day now ends at 1830 instead of 1800 and all afternoon time slots are 90 min
- Lunch is scheduled from 1200-1330 daily, however a minimum of just 60 min is
required, therefore you have the option to schedule morning sessions through
12:30 if needed.

Slight changes to some of your session times have also been made to match the
available time blocks and breaks, but given the above option, you may want to
make further adjustments to take advantage of the additional time offered.

Proposed Layout for CC Topic Sessions

I believe the consensus for the cross-community discussions in the afternoons
is for these to be topic based sessions for any SO/AC - type [2] as described
in Patrik’s email. One SO/AC is the host/leader for each session, and these
have been identified on the latest draft of the schedule.  Staff is reaching
out to session leaders to collect description/agenda details for each topic and
we will share those on this thread as soon as they become available.

To Donna’s question below about CCWG and ICANN Accountability – I’ve noted ASO
as a potential leader for this topic, but interest came from ASO, ALAC, and
ccNSO.  Please share any thoughts you might have on the intent for this topic,
and ultimately, who will host the discussion.

Evening Activities

We started to receive a number of requests for cocktails in the evenings.  In
the spirit of cross community interaction and networking opportunities, we’ve
decided the best approach is to have a reception for all delegates every
evening.

Monday:            1830-2000   Local Host Reception (Location: City Hall)
Tuesday:           1830-1930   President’s Reception
Wednesday:      1830-1930   Chairman’s Reception
Thursday:          1830-1930   Wrap-Up Reception

Next Steps

An invitation will go out to SO/AC support staff tomorrow so they can submit
your final sessions into our Event Management Scheduling Software (EMS). All
submissions will be due over the next two weeks and a final schedule will be
posted no later than 6 June.

Please let me know if you have any questions - Thanks!

Tanzanica

Tanzanica S. King
Sr. Manager, Meeting Strategy and Design
ICANN

Office   +1 310 301 5800
Mobile  +1 310 995 3038
Email    king@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:king@xxxxxxxxx>