RE: [council] FW: [Soac-infoalert] CCT Review Team Endorsement Process - DUE 17 DECEMBER

Hi Susan

I agree that the Council should emphasise the primary role the GNSO has
regarding gTLDs and that we believe it is important that GNSO-endorsed
candidates fill a majority of the CCT Review Team seats.

However, I'm not sure I agree with limiting the endorsed candidates to 1 from
each constituency and contracted party stakeholder group, I would rather see
this returned to 0-2 candidates. The reason being that the GNSO Council will
not be endorsing a 'slate' of candidates, ie we will not be conducting a
thorough selection process beyond geographic and gender diversity (I don't
support Stephanie's notion that the Council review candidates based on
merit--I'm not sure we have the bandwidth or expertise to do so) and  as such
we need to provide some flexibility in the number of candidates that have GNSO
endorsement so that we may increase the odds of greater representation. I say
this because I don't believe ICANN's CEO or GAC Chair will be under any
obligation to select any candidates endorsed by the GNSO Council, which you
noted was the case for the ATRT 2. Conversely, Fadi and Thomas may decide to
discount candidates that have sought GNSO Council endorsement, but were unable
to do so and we need to account for this scenario as well.

Look forward to hearing from others.

Donna

Donna Austin: Neustar, Inc.
Policy and Industry Affairs Manager
Cell: +1.310.890.9655 Email:
donna.austin@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:donna.austin@xxxxxxxxxxx>

________________________________
The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use
of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this
e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify me immediately and delete the original message.
Follow Neustar:   [cid:image001.png@01CC3CD3.5F595DC0]
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/neustarinc>
[cid:image002.png@01CC3CD3.5F595DC0]
LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/5349>