RE: Re: [council] Draft Charter - CCWG on IANA Stewardship Transition

  • To: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>, jrobinson@xxxxxxxxxxxx, council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Re: [council] Draft Charter - CCWG on IANA Stewardship Transition
  • From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 08:09:38 -0700
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jonathan,

Will a final version of the draft charter be forthcoming so that we can send it
to our constituencies/stakeholder groups?

Berard

--------- Original Message --------- Subject: Re: [council] Draft Charter -
CCWG on IANA Stewardship Transition
From: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>
Date: 8/18/14 3:00 am
To: jrobinson@xxxxxxxxxxxx, council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Hi,

 Unfortunately there were some rapid changes to the charter at the last
 minute, after we had all agreed to a slightly different charter, and the
 charter you just sent does not include one line, that
 was dropped without the agreement of some members, including some GNSO
 members of the group.

 A last sentence that should be included in the scope section that reads:

 > "Accountability for the administration of the IANA functions (i.e.,
 > implementation and operational accountability), however, is properly
 > within the scope of this working group."

 avri