RE: [council] RE: Salary increase to $900,000 for ICANN CEO

Here is the original announcement:

News Alert

https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-4-2014-08-01-en

  _____

Board Extends Term of ICANN President

The ICANN Board has extended by two years the contract of President and Chief
Executive Officer Fadi Chehadé. It will now run until 30 June 2017.

"As we noted in the Board resolution
<https://www.icann.org/resources/board-material/resolutions-2014-07-30-en> ,
taking this action will help ensure the stability in leadership that is
important for ICANN," said Board Chair Dr. Stephen Crocker. "It also shows the
support and confidence that the Board has in Fadi."

Chehadé's base salary will increase by 12.5 percent.

The Board resolution said, "The decision to increase Mr. Chehadé's compensation
was done with recognition and acknowledgment of the work done by the
Compensation Committee with Towers Watson to ensure that the increase
recommended is reasonable and in line with comparable positions."

"I'm both humbled and honored by the Board's trust in me to lead this important
organization at such a critical time," said Chehadé. "I'm glad to be able to
expend my energy and passion towards ICANN's noble mission and great public
responsibility. With focus, diligence and hard work, we will continue to evolve
ICANN into a mature, global organization."